This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between:
John Leslie (“OR Owner(s)”), and the short term vacation traveler hereinafter referred to as (“Guest”),
For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
The property is located at: 15574 North Peak Rd, or 1202 Canyon Drive in Julian CA 92036 and/or as listed on booking website.
The property is furnished and includes: flat 4K HDTV, Stereo system and Blu-Ray upscaling 4K DVD player, Blu-Ray movies, linens, towels , cooking utensils, plates and cups, built-in microwave, stove/range, refrigerator, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, full kitchen, basic condiments, etc. Pictures have been made of the contents and condition of each cabin as well as the property.
2 RENTAL PARTY:
The rental party shall consist of no more than the number of guests stated in the reservation request or booking. In no case may the total number of persons exceed that number or an additional charge of $20 per guest per night will be subtracted from the deposit.
3 MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY:
The maximum number of guests is limited the number booked
4 TERM OF THE LEASE:
The lease begins on the “Check-in Date” and
ends on the “Checkout Date”.
5 MINIMUM STAY:
As specified on Booking site.
6 RENTAL RULES:
Guest agrees to abide by the Rules in this Agreement at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the rules described in this Agreement. If the premises appears dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately.
Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner. Guest understands that property and home is not recommended for anyone having mobility, walking or handicap issues. There are more than 3 steps to walk up to the house.
RENTAL RATES AND FEES:
The rental rate varies based on the number of people and the time of your stay providing:
- There is no vandalism or damage to any Property on the Premises, and
- Guest has checked out by noon on the Check-out date.
- Guest has honored all terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement.
Rental Rate: as posted on the rental site or advertised and paid for.
9 CANCELLATION POLICY:
If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the payment will be refunded as follows: No Refunds except as agreed to in booking agreement through website such as Airbnb, VRBO, Juliancabin.com etc.
We encourage all renters to purchase travelers insurance in case you have to cancel your stay.
Acceptable payment methods are E-check, or credit card (PayPal) or through broker such as VRBO or Air BNB, etc… All non cash payments or e-check payments are subject to a 3% processing fee.
12 Smoking is NOT allowed in the house or anywhere on the property. THERE IS A $150.00 FINE IF GUEST SMOKES IN THE HOUSE or anywhere on the premises and will be deducted from your deposit or a bill will be sent.
13 Pets are NOT allowed in the house or anywhere on the property unless preauthorized and a pet fee received. Pet fees are per pet.
14 People other than those in the registered Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in or on the property. All other persons in or on the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
15 Guest and those who are in the guest party understand Guest assumes all responsibility and will hold Owner (Homeowner) harmless and agrees to all of the following:
- This house is privately owned; the Owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities.
- The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest.
- UNSUPERVISED CHILDREN: Guest acknowledges that they have been advised that children should never be left unsupervised as windows may pose a fall risk and HAZARDOUS CLEANING CHEMICALS ARE OFTEN STORED UNDER SINKS INSIDE HOME.
- Home owner strongly recommends that Guest with: Children, disabled or elderly people NOT use or install firewood in the fireplace. The fireplace is not adequately protected from a child or elderly person accidentally touching hot surfaces including the decorative cast iron kettle hanging inside fireplace. Touching the surface of a fireplace can result in instant third degree burns and may require immediate medical attention.
- Guest use of fireplace is at Guests’ sole risk and liability and Guest agrees that Homeowner will be held harmless and not be in any way held accountable or liable for guest use or misuse of fireplace and the iron kettle.
- By accepting this reservation it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk and liability of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
- Guest is aware of the inherent risks of renting this house on this property.
- There are wild animals and creatures and insects including but not limited to: Snakes, mice, spiders, Mountain Lions etc. that may come reside and go in or on the property and/or throughout Julian, and Guest and those who are in the guest party are responsible to take precautions to identify and determine said risks before and when venturing on throughout and in the property and Guest assumes all responsibility and will hold Owner harmless for any incidents that may result from interaction and/or contact with any living creatures or organisms.
- The deck and deck railing is not to be used as a leaning post and children should not be allowed to use the deck unattended. The deck is high off the ground so use at your own risk.
- The house is older and as such can have wear and tear. Items that are worn out can cause injury and we will not accept liability for any injuries caused.
16 Guest will keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
17 Guest will only use appliances for their intended uses.
Parking can be difficult. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking in the driveway is not easy and therefore you need to park at your own risk. The driveway is not easy to navigate. You can park across the street if needed. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing and ticketing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner. There is no additional parking nearby.
There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the house. The cleaning fee is to wash linens, make beds and vacuum, sterilize and maintain appearances only. Any excessive cleaning required will be charged to your deposit. All dishes must be washed and put away and all counters and tables left clean.
Use at your own risk. Use starter balls to ignite wood in fireplace. Built in fire against the block wall on fireplace to avoid smoke entering cabin and setting off smoke detectors. Starter balls may be provided by the owner. Never put non-wood materials in fireplace. Free Firewood is available to use in the fireplace ONLY. IT IS AGAINTS THE LAW TO BUILD FIRES OUTSIDE OF THE CABIN.
- WATER AND SEPTIC:
The property is on a septic system. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper and human waste. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, Guest could be charged damages of up to $350.
- In case of failure of a system or amenity during your stay , including but not limited to: Water , septic , electrical , mechanical , ventilating , structural systems , major and minor appliances , or entertainment equipment, etc. , we shall repair them as we are reasonable able. You agree to permit access to the House to make repairs. We shall not be liable to You for damages, and NO REBATE OR REFUND will be given for such temporary failures; provided, We attempt to notify a professional or Owner to repair the system or amenity in a reasonable manner after having received notice from Guest that repairs are needed.
- No refunds will be given for storms or weather. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Also roads can be closed due to snow. We highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions.
- AMENITIES OR SERVICES OFFERED: Everything will be done to make sure that what was offered in our advertising will be in the property as described. Every attempt is made to keep the inventory and/or services as advertised. A difference in amenities or services does not entitle you to any refund of rents paid. Amenities or services may be added or removed at the owner’s sole discretion. Example: We have advertised Blu-Ray DVD players; it may be out for service. That fact does not warrant any refund.
Any reservation obtained under false pretenses will be subject to forfeiture of advanced payment, deposit, and/or rental money and the Guest will not be permitted to check in. Likewise, guests who have already checked in and who are found to have used the premises under false pretenses will be subject to further legal action to recoup costs which exceed the amount of the security/damage insurance or deposit. Owner may at Owner’s sole decision for any reason elect to cancel any Guest reservation by providing notification to Guest via Email at least two calendar days prior to the Guest arrival date and Guest shall have no recourse or compensation other than to receive a full refund of all money paid by Guest to Owner. Owner may cancel reservation without notice in the event reservation was made less than 72 hours prior to arrival and in this event Owner will refund all money’s paid by Guest to owner and Guest shall have no recourse or compensation other than to receive a full refund of all money paid by Guest to Owner.
By sending payment in full to hold a chosen date, or by pre-paying for the rent with a credit card, Guest agrees to all terms and conditions of this Agreement, and further agree that the property and its owners and representatives will be bound by the terms within this written Agreement.
Guest (making the reservation) further states that they are at least twenty-five (25) years of age and will be the principal Guest and as such will be completely responsible for the actions of all other guests including any for whom may be making these arrangements.
No rental will be made to vacationing students or singles under the age of 25 unless accompanied by a parent or guardian at a ratio of no more than 2 children for one adult over the age of 25. A PARENT OR GUARDIAN MUST BE STAYING IN THE RENTAL HOME AT ALL TIMES. OUR RENTAL HOMES ARE MONITORED FOR VIOLATION OF THIS POLICY. Reservations made under false pretenses will be subject to eviction and forfeiture of all deposits and payments and all coast incurred by Owner.
The parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement.
By sending payment in full to hold a chosen date, or by pre-paying for the rent with a credit card: Guest agrees to all terms and conditions of this Agreement, Guest further states that they will be the principal Guest and as such will be completely responsible for the actions of other guests.
This home is a ‘vacation’ home there is an understanding with are neighbors that after 10pm at night is considered “quiet time” and all guests will respect and abide with this understanding with the area neighbors. IT is strictly forbidden to use home as a: Loud music, drinking or party house or to in any way disturb the neighbors. We support responsible Vacation Renters. At any time before, after or during your stay with us, your information may be shared. Unreasonable noise in or from the home after 10pm results in either the police being called or neighbors calling the owner This gives Homeowner the right to immediately suspend the renters’ stay and forfeit remaining rent and deposit.
Guest and all its parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement. Guest agrees to this Agreement when payment is made, reservation is made or physical or digital signing of this contract.
______________________________ Guest / /
______________________________ Owner / /